Tuesday, July 26, 2011

No Sew Bolster Pillow

Once again, I am bringing you a No Sew Project
You can check out my other no sew project Here
This is also a continuation of the Surprise {Room Makeover}
Which you can check out Here

I don't have a sewing machine and even if I did
I wouldn't know how to use it.
Therefore, I bring you, No Sew Bolster Pillow
It is super easy.

This is a picture of the way the bench started out.
(Not looking so hot)

These bolster pillow covers were super easy to remove.
They had a Zipper. Lol!
I was also very lucky that the pillow its self was a solid piece of foam.
If you don't have a pillow like I do,
You can use towels!
That's right, towels, isn't that cool.
Get the tutorial for that at The Red Chair Blog

So anyways, I started out by measuring how much
fabric I needed. I was short on fabric because I used
it for something else so mine was a tight squeeze.


Next I took both ends of the fabric and gathered them up with
the fabric inside out. I put a rubber band on both ends to make it
look like this:

Next, I placed my pillows inside my gathered material.


Then I just had to pull the fabric around the outside of the foam.
Then I tucked the rubber banded ends inside with the foam.


Viola! New Pillow!

As you can see below, the bench is a different color than the
picture at the top. I just spray painted it with an ivory color.
I did also recover the bench seat by using a staple gun
and my fabric. Super easy. I will show you that in another tutorial.


Happy No Sewing!

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Genius! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bench turned out so cute! Thanks for linking to my tutorial in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!!! I have a sewing machine, but I am so intimidated by it and would rather not use it! :) Thanks for the great tutorial- I am pinning it to make later!
    Camille @
    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com
    PS I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS We have a link party every Saturday called Strut Your Stuff Saturday- we would love to have you stop by and link this up (and any other projects/crafts/posts that you want!).
    Have a good night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Camille
    Thank you so much! I really appreiciate it. Thanks so much for following me. I will certainly love to link up with you. Thanks. Also, I love hearing how people found my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! Visiting over from TheDomesticatedMama. Thanks for your sweet comments and for being my newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great and brilliant. And perfect tutorial. What a quick and easy change up. And no sewing! love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! I am glad that you stopped by! We are so grateful for your support and we hope that you will be back tomorrow to share more great ideas!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. I am a new follower. Love this project! Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursday, because your I am loving your posts. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

    Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. @JohnnieThanks so much for becoming a follower. I will totally have to check that out. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, but this I can do! Thanks for sharing. Those of us who can't or don't sew, decorating on a dime or just going green appreciate this quick and simple DIY

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing this style of making pillows..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I read every one of them and really do cherish what people have to say. It is the highlight of my day. Feel free to ask me questions and I will try and respond in a timely manner. Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment.